1) The society shall make rules for its own functioning.
2) The society shall prepare a detailed Annual Plan of Operations (APO) based on various requirements of in situ conservation of Marine biodiversity including mangroves, coral and its habitat in and around MNP, MS and adjoining areas to initiate various activities regarding conservation of unique Marine eco-system and Marine biodiversity including mangroves and corals. This APO shall be prepared in accordance with long term management strategy for conservation of Marine biodiversity including mangroves andcoral in MNP, MS and adjoining area as well as funds available or anticipated to be available to the society. The A.P.O. shall be presented to the committee of the society in its annual meeting for approval and shall be reviewed from time to time. Prior to submission to the committee, it shall be submitted to C.W.L.W. for approval.
3) The society shall provide technical inputs to the state government in management of MNP, MS and such other habitats.
4) The society may undertake scientific studies and sponsor research projects to address its objectives
5) The society may provide inputs of human resource and finance for addressing issues of
a. Habitat management
b. Man animal conflict
c. Human resource development including capacity building of the staff and other stakeholders
d. Landscape level research and studies
e. Disaster management including oil spill contingency plan for marine ecosystem
1) In discharge of its functions the society shall engage personnel and/or consultants on contractual basis for fixed period with prior permission of Finance Department through Forest & Environment Department.
2) The society may organize a campaign to raise awareness on conservation issues through various means of communications. It may document, develop, publish and disseminate relevant material, data, and scientific details for the purpose.
3) The society shall strive to raise funds through various means to address its objectives.
4) The society may enter into MoU/Contract in pursuance of its objectives, with prior permission of Finance Department through Forest & Environment Department.
5) The society may perform such other functions related to conservation and protection of marine biodiversity as requested by the state government and/or the Chief Wildlife Warden.
6) Any other task in the best interest of conservation and protection of marine biodiversity in the Marine Protected Area.
Copyright © 2011 - 2021 Gujarat Marine National Park and Marine Sanctuary Conservation Society. All Rights Reserved. Web Design & Development by Mehta Websolution
Website Updated: 07 June 2021 . Visitor: